6.06.2012

Hamit Altintop: "I think Mourinho wants me to stay"

The transfer of Altintop to Galatasaray still will not close. In the list of players with many chances to get out of Real Madrid, Hamit Altintop (Gelsenkirchen, 1982) occupies a main position. The Turk acknowledges that it has been a difficult year for him because of the few minutes he has played and says he has offers to leave, but it is not clear and goes on vacation as Mourinho's player.

Hamit Altintop playing for Turkey vs Portugal
Hamit Altintop playing for Turkey

The international player denied to the Turkish media some sort of agreement: "My agent has had meetings, but nothing is closed". What seemed imminent a few days ago, has stalled for two reasons. The main is to Altintop's request to earn 3.5 million euros per year. The Istanbul club would offer him 3, his current salary in Real Madrid.

The other condition is that UEFA can possibly impose penalties to Galatasaray by the rigging of matches, keeping them out from participating in European competitions. Even with all, the operation could be unlocked within hours after the meeting to be held with Fatih Terim, coach of Turkish club, and Altintop, once the training stage with his national team ended yesterday .

What's new about your future? Are you going out or staying at Real Madrid?
I have contract with Real Madrid. Of course, there has been a tough year for me, but the team played very well. I have other options and could leave Real Madrid, but I'd rather wait. I was concentrating on my national team and now I am going on vacation. When I return I will start in Madrid.

Do you think Mourinho is counting on you?
Yes, I think Mourinho wants me to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...