Ricardo Carvalho is best known for his perfect positioning, his foresight and his ability to advance the ball out of the first third. The Portuguese defender is a regular in Mourinho´s lineups, starting in 46 of his 48 appearances with Real Madrid.
His career began with Leça prior to signing his professional papers with Porto in 1997. He immediately played on loan for what was his first team and continued gaining experience over the next two seasons with Vitoria de Setubal and Alverca before returning to Porto. It was during his second stint with the Portuguese powerhouse that he won the 2002/03 UEFA Cup and the 2003/04 Champions League. Carvalho packed his bags for Chelsea in 2004 and went on to earn three Premier League titles among a host of many others.
In recent years the center-back has played an integral role on the Portuguese national team, with whom he reached the final of the 2004 European Championship and the semis of the 2006 World Cup.
- Place of Birth: Amarante, Portugal
- Date of Birth: 05/18/1978
- Position: Defender
- Weight: 78 kg
- Height: 181 cm
- Nationality: Portuguese
- La Liga (Spanish League): 2011/12
- Copa del Rey (Spanish Cup): 2010/11
- Spanish Super Cup: 2012
- Champions League: 2003/04
- UEFA Cup: 2002/03
- Premier League: 2004/05, 2005/06, 2009/10
- FA Cup: 2006/07, 2008/09, 2009/10
- Community Shield: 2005, 2009
- England League Cup: 2004/05, 2006/07
- Portuguese Liga: 1998/99, 2002/03, 2003/04
- Portuguese Cup: 2002/03
- Portuguese Super Cup: 1998, 2001, 2003