|Mourinho: Best Club Coach 2012|
Mourinho, who already took the award in 2004, 2005 and 2010, beat with Real Madrid the records of points and goals in the Spanish league and in the Champions League, the white team was defeated against Bayern Munich in the semifinals in a penalty shootout. The other coaches with more than a crown of best club coach are Marcello Lippi (1996 and 1998), Ottmar Hitzfeld (1997 and 2001), Carlos Bianchi (2000 and 2003), Sir Alex Ferguson (1999 and 2008) and Guardiola (2009 and 2011).
Di Matteo, already former Chelsea manager, also led the London club to win the FA Cup. The third place is for the Argentinian Diego Pablo Simeone, UEFA Cup champion and Europe SuperCup champion with Atletico Madrid, currently second in La Liga (Spanish League) after Barcelona. Simeone overcomes Guardiola in the list, who is in his year off after his time at Barcelona.
Best Club Coach 2012 List:
- 1. Jose Mourinho (POR/Real Madrid) 101 points
- 2. Roberto Di Matteo (ITA/Chelsea) 99
- 3. Diego Pablo Simone (ARG/Atlético de Madrid) 97
- 4. Josep Guardiola (ESP/Barcelona) 82
- 5. Tite (BRA/Sao Paulo) 61
- 6. Jupp Heynckes (GER/Bayern Múnich) 40
- 7. Alex Ferguson (ESC/Manchester United) 27
- 8. Jürgen Klopp (GER/Borussia Dortmund) 15
- 9. Marcelo Bielsa (ARG/Athletic Club) 12
- 10. Roberto Mancini (ITA/Manchester City) 11