4.15.2011

Cristiano: "I can't imagine Madrid two years without a title"

The Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo admits he is "excited" by the four matches that his team, Real Madrid, will play against Barcelona in the coming days: in the Spanish League Championship, the Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey) Final and the semifinals of the Champions League.

In an interview published today by the Italian sports daily "Corriere dello Sport ", the Portuguese star does not skimp on praise for his compatriot and coach Jose Mourinho and expresses the importance has for the white club not to end another season with empty hands of titles.

Gazzetta dello Sport and Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo

"I'm not worried, no... I'm excited. It's the moment when we can win all or do not win anything", says Real Madrid player in the pages of the newspaper. "I can not think that Real Madrid spends two or three years without winning anything. We are talking about the biggest club in the world, or perhaps one of the greatest. Last year we did not win anything, but this year and next year I hope we can get some target. We have fantastic players and a great coach", he adds.

The striker says he was in "very good fitness" to face the matches against Barcelona and indicates that fatigue due to matches and so much traveling condensate in the calendar, is the same for everyone: "That's life", he says although his coach talked about it in oher way.

Ronaldo says that Mourinho, with whom he hopes to win many titles with Real Madrid, is very important for the team and he is "very happy" because the former Inter Milan coach now leads the white team.

After passing through the English Championship, the Portuguese claims that the Spanish League is, along with the "Premiere League", the "strongest". "I'm happy to play in La Liga, the most competitive and strongest in the world, in which I face with so many good players", said Ronaldo. "In Spain the game is more tactical. The players have greater ability to play the ball. But I also really liked England. It is a more physical football. The game is faster than in Spain. I'm sure they're the best national tournaments", he adds.

The striker also spoke of his scoring ability: "I always want to score, play well and help the team, giving assists to my teammates. The goals come naturally, thanks to talent and aptitudes, so I do not care. If my team and I play well, all comes naturally".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...